Monday, August 14, 2006

Super Secret Sauce

My 3-year old hates lettuce, carrots and cucumbers. Offer him some and he’ll say, “No, thanks!” Force him to eat it, he’ll simply spit it out.

But he loves salad.

The difference? My Super Secret Sauce.

I mix hard boiled eggs with four parts mayonnaise and one part catsup, preferably the banana flavor. Sometimes, I add more mayonnaise. Sometimes, I add more catsup. It depends, I guess, on my mood.

I offer this to my 3-year old. He’ll eat the lettuce, carrots and cucumbers with it—with gusto.

“You want the Super Secret Sauce?” I asked my 3-year old one time, when my wife fried some chicken and tossed some salad.

“Yah!” he shouted, dancing even.

“OK, now,” I said. “We need to keep this secret, OK?”

My son looked at me. Then smiled.

“But it’s just catsup and this white thing, Daddy.”

OK. I admit. It’s not a recipe you’ll find at Food Network. It’s not even a sauce; it’s a dressing. But it works.

Need a new recipe tonight? Visit recipesecrets.net

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

thanks for visiting for the party. i'll have to try the secret sauce, hey anything to get those veggies down!

3:42 PM  
Blogger yours truly B said...

hey I saw you at my sisters blog Logans story nice to see you have fun partying

4:19 PM  
Blogger Mandalyn said...

I'm gonna tell my husband and about the "secret" sauce (not that it's a secret anymore):). He would love it!! Your kids sound fun!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home